Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton South
7230 Argyll Road, Edmonton, Alberta T6C 4A6
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of roundabouts in the overall roadway/traffic planning process
- Perform an operational/traffic analysis to determine necessary laneage and allow for selection of safe
- Understand the correlation between operational analysis and geometric design
- Determine how to avoid the mistakes of poorly planned, designed and/or constructed roundabouts
In this course you will learn how roundabouts can address challenges and competing project objectives within our roadway system, such as: operations, safety, access needs, truck/freight movements, and pedestrian/bike safety facilitation.
Day one will focus on the operational analysis tools and procedures (HCM model & UK-based Rodel/Arcady), with hands-on exercises to determine the necessary laneage for optimal safety and operations.
Day two will focus on geometric design of roundabout applications in various contexts, including hands-on exercises to facilitate the selection of optimized geometrics.
- Geometric design – capacity & safety
- Signing, pavement markings, landscaping
- Public involvement – informed consent
- Case studies – best practices
- Modern roundabouts – traffic engineering
- Planning benefits
- Access management
- Street/pedestrian & cycling design treatments
- Operational analysis
Who Should Attend:
Traffic Engineers • Project Engineers • Transportation Engineers • Designers • Infrastructure Managers • Municipal Managers & Administrators • Traffic Planners • Transportation Planners • Consulting Engineers